2017 NSDTA Call for Papers
Please complete the following form to submit your proposed workshop for the 2017 NSDTA Annual Education Conference slated for September 17 - 20 in Savannah, GA.
All fields are required to complete your submission
Tell us about yourself
Primary Presenter [First and Last Name]
Primary Presenter Bio (250 words)
Previous Presentation Experience
List of up to 3 previous conference presentations, including an indication of methods used in each (e.g. lecture, discussion, demonstration, interactive skill building activity, simulation). If you are a first time presenter, please provide a brief summary (100 words or less) of previous experience in training delivery.
Your Abstract Submission
The following section is about your proposed workshop.
Length of Workshop
Lunch and Learn (30 Minutes)
Who is the intended audience:
Organizational Effectiveness Specialists
• Administrative support/Communications/information design: Support for staff development, training, OD/OE interventions and processes for storage to dissemination of information (e.g., infrastructure, organizational logistics, funding).
• Performance coaching: Processes, programs, and techniques to help learners improve their job performance, implement what they have learned from training in their work, and contribute to improved agency practice and outcomes.
• Evaluation/research: Effectiveness of staff development, training, and OD/OE interventions, developing and testing theories of learning, training, development, and transfer of learning.
• Instructional media: Strategies and tools for the effective use of new and current technologies to enhance teaching and learning in classroom, blended, and e-learning environments.
• Training/facilitation: Techniques and strategies to include delivering training, directing structured learning, and facilitating groups.
• Management: Leading in staff development, training, and OD/OE (e.g., improving management structures and processes, linking training and development with other organizational units, monitoring contract activities, staff performance)
• Organizational development and effectiveness: Facilitating organizational improvement, including but not limited to assessing training needs, diagnosing organizational problem areas, OD and OE strategies, and capacity building.
• Training program and curriculum design: Systematic design and development of training programs and curriculum
• Workforce planning: Predicting future staff needs of an agency, planning for the attraction, selection, development and retention of current and future workforce.
• Hot topics: Emerging issues relating to staff development and training (e.g., policy or practice that affects training and development, training simulations, impact of technology, etc.)
Short Summary of Workshop (100 words)
Provide three learning objectives as to what attendees will take away from your workshop.
Learning Objective 1
Learning Objective 2
Learning Objective 3
Proposal Content and Methods
Description of the proposed content and methods for your session
- The relevance of the topic to one or more of the proposal categories
- Innovative, evidence-based, best, or promising practices or important foundational content
- Strategies for trainer-learner interaction
Brief list of relevant resource materials and/or references.
Your Co-Presenters - File Upload
Please provide information on your proposed co-presenters, if any, in a Word document. For each co-presenter, please provide their full name, title, organization, phone, email and a short bio (250 words).
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.