IUP Outdoor Space Request
Request / Registration for Use of Campus Outdoor Space
for Activities / Events / Banners
Due to construction in the Oak Grove, we cannot process requests for Oak Grove banners until further notice.
Regrettably, we have received several reports of banners being stolen or destroyed recently. If you choose to have your banner hung, know that it is at your own discretion, and the Center for Student Life is not liable for any damaged or stolen banners.
Name of Person Submitting Request
Name of Recognized Organization:
Requester's Affiliation with IUP
Is your organization an IUP Recognized Organization?
Please note, if the request if for an off campus group/business or a University Office, please write "N/A" in the boxes below.
Name of Organization's Advisor
Advisor's Campus Address
Event / Activity / Banner Information
Activity/ Event Title and/or Performers
Nature of Activity
Other (please specify in the next box)
If you selected "Banner" above, please read and check the box below or your request will NOT be processed:
By checking this box, I understand that the banner must be delivered to the Center for Student Life located in 303 Pratt Hall on or before the Monday of the week that the banner is to be hung. I also understand that banners are only hung and taken down on Tuesdays. The banners are available for pick-up in 303 Pratt Hall after they have been taken down. The Center for Student Life cannot be held liable for damaged, missing, or lost banners.
Specific Date Requested
Specific End Date Requested
Please note, this feature only tracks consecutive days. If requesting only certain days/times during the week, please note that in the "Specific Times(s) Requested" box.
Specific Times Requested
Specific Location(s) Requested
Crimson Cafe Patio
Foster Hall Patio
Folger Hall Patio
Other (please specify in the box below)
Requesting Permission for Sound Amplification?
Will an admissions fee be charged?
Yes (Note: Use of University Facility Policy)
Please provide a concise description of the Activity/ Event or Banner Text. Please also provide any notes related to your request below.
Campus Space Policy
1. All activities/events at outdoor campus space must be requested and processed a minimum of ten working days in advance by the Assoc. Dean of Students for Student Life. Receipt of this request does not constitute permission to use space. Banner requests are due Monday by noon. Banners are hung Tuesday mornings. The university is not responsible for lost or damaged banners.
2. The person(s) and recognized organization advisor(s) submitting the outdoor space request form must be present at and supervise the activity/event in its entirety.
3. Normal vehicular and/or pedestrian traffic flow on sidewalks or streets must not be obstructed.
4. Applicable usage fees must be submitted to the Center for Student Life (check payable to "IUP") in advance of the start time of the activity/event unless arrangements otherwise have been made.
5. The activity/event (including the use of sound amplification when approved) must not create undue noise or disruption or interfere with the activities that normally occur in the area in question or any activities that are being carried out by the university at that particular time. The university reserves the right to regulate the time, manner, and location of any and all activities/events on campus. Outdoor activities/events and sound amplification generally must conclude by 6:00 pm Sunday through Thursday and by 10:00 pm Friday and Saturday.
6. The requester must provide and set up all necessary or desired equipment (tables, chairs, electricity, sound amplification equipment, etc.) exclusive of that which is available and accessible at the activity/event site.
7. When deemed necessary by the university, the sponsoring organization and/or person will be financially responsible for all maintenance, damage, and security costs to the activity/event.
8. Once processed by the Assoc. Dean of Students, a copy of this form must be retained at the activity/event by the sponsor/requestor and should be shown to university authorities upon request.
9. A complete copy of all policies related to the use of outdoor and indoor space can be found under the Use of University Facilities heading at
I confirm that I have read and will abide by the entire Campus Space Policy.
File Attachments: Safety Planning Form (if necessary)
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.