IINSPIRE LSAMP Application for Travel Funds
IINSPIRE LSAMP has established a fund to help IINSPIRE undergraduate students pay for expenses incurred by attending regional and national STEM conferences.
Maximum amounts awarded to individual applicants are $500.00 for students making research presentations and $200.00 for students attending conferences but are not presenting research.
Owing to factors such as cost of attendance, availability of funds and number of applications received, the amounts awarded will vary, and you may not be awarded the full amount you request.
Please note the following:
1) Completed applications must be received no later than 7 days before the start of the conference.
2) Funding year runs from October 1, 2017 and September 30,2018. Funding is available on a “first come” basis until funds are exhausted.
3) A student can only receive funding once per academic year.
4) The application form must be completed by the student making the request.
5) Preference will be given to IINSPIRE LSAMP Research Interns.
6) For all requests, the IINSPIRE LSAMP campus director at the student’s college or university and their research mentor must acknowledge support of the request.
7) Students are encouraged to seek funding from their department, their college, or other appropriate sources prior to applying for funding from IINSPIRE-LSAMP.
8) The awards are REIMBURSEMENTS made after the conference, and the reimbursement process requires the ORIGINAL RECEIPTS. Cash advances are not available. If you have questions about the nature of receipts you will need to obtain, please inquire as soon as the question arises.
9) Requests submitted after the conference will not be considered.
If your request is approved, submit original receipts to:
IINSPIRE LSAMP Alliance Office,
Iowa State University,
118 Office & Laboratory,
Ames, IA 50011,
within 30 days of returning after the conference.
Questions about this application should be directed to
Dani Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org, (515) 294-6151.
I. Applicant Information
Des Moines Area Community College
Eastern Iowa Community College District
Hawkeye Community College
Iowa State University
Iowa Valley Community College District
Kirkwood Community College
Little Priest Tribal College
Nebraska Wesleyean University
University of Iowa
University of Northern Iowa
Upper Iowa University
City, State, Zip
Are you an IINSPIRE LSAMP Research Intern?
Research Interns receive research stipends or other direct financial support through the IINSPIRE LSAMP Program.
II. Conference Information
Please provide the following information about the conference you plan to attend.
What is the primary purpose for attending the conference
Presenting Research Paper
Presenting Research Poster
Conference Start Date
Conference End Date
III. Estimate of Expenses
Amount of Request
Please indicate how much funding you anticipate needing for the trip. When determining the amount, please include registration fees, transportation, lodging and meals.
If your research paper or poster is accepted for presentation, does the conference provide a travel award?
IV. Research Project Description
If you are presenting your research, please upload a copy of the abstract, a PDF your research poster, or a description of the research project (200-250 words).
This information is REQUIRED. Failure to provide a description of your research will result in your application being denied.
V. Research Mentor Contact Information
Please provide the contact information for your research mentor. This information is REQUIRED.
Research Mentor's Name
Research Mentor's Email
Applicant's Electronic Signature
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.