RBUSD- Walking School Bus Permission Slips
Please read through the following forms and electronically sign both your name (parent) and your son/daughter's name.
1. A parent must be present at the pre-determined "bus stop" to "hand-off" their child to the Walking School Bus Volunteer ("driver").
2. Children and their parents must arrive on time at the pre-determined "bus stop" drop off locations. If a child misses the bus, the parent is responsible for getting them to school.
3. Parents who have a child with special needs, health conditions or specific requests should contact their school's Walking School Bus Coordinator.
4. Safety for all parties involved is of utmost importance in our program. Parents should review the student expectations (located below) with their child before they walk with the bus.
I understand and agree to the roles, responsibilities and liabilities of a parent with a child in the Walking School Bus program as defined under Beach Cities Health District policies and procedures. Participants may be photographed and such photographs may be used to publicize city programs/activities.
Electronically Sign below, confirming that you have read and understand the above expectations.
Parent Phone Number
Provide an emergency cell phone number in case you need to be reached during the route.
Please review the following rules and expectations with your child(ren).
WALKING SCHOOL BUS SAFETY RULES
1. There will be one volunteer walking in front of children and one behind.
2. Children are to stop one sidewalk block away from street when getting ready to cross.
3. Children must hold a friend's hand when crossing the street and all children will cross together.
4. Children should always stay within crosswalk lines when crossing the street.
5. Volunteers call out "look left and then look right" when crossing the street.
6. Running is not permitted.
7. Biking or scootering is not allowed on the bus.
8. Volunteers will remind children to be aware of traffic at drive-ways and intersections.
9. Volunteers will wear reflective vests for easy visibility.
10. Walking School Bus participants will be respectful of other students, the Walking School Bus Volunteers and the neighborhood.
11. If participants do not follow the Walking School Bus Safety Rules, the Volunteer will give one verbal warning and if the behavior persists they will complete an incident report form at school. The school will follow up with the parent and student based on their existing protocol.
12. Dogs and other animals are not allowed on the bus. Service dogs are the only exception.
I have reviewed and understand the role and responsibilities of a Walking School Bus Participant with my parent(s) and agree to follow all these rules.
Electronically Sign (student name) below, confirming that your child has read and understands the above expectations.
District Permission Slip - Parent & Student
In the event of illness or injury, I do hereby consent to whatever x-ray examination, anesthetic, medical, surgical or dental diagnosis or treatment and hospital care and emergency transportation considered necessary in the best judgment of the attending physician, surgeon, or dentist and performed under the supervision of a member of the medical staff of the hospital or facility furnishing medical or dental services.
I fully understand that participants are to abide by all rules and regulations governing conduct during the trip. I understand that participation in the Walking School Bus program may also expose me and my children to risks of injury, illness, and accidents such as any bodily injuries during the walks, at the District’s site, inter-action with District personnel, volunteers, client, and vendors. These risks may include, but are not limited to, slips, falls, accidents, exposure to infections, assaults, torts of any kind, and any risks associated with walking activities. I hereby agree to fully accept any and all risk of injury, illness and death that may result from my participation in the program and hereby fully release BCHD from any and all liability or damages for claims I may have relating to my participation in the program.
In the boxes below, please electronically sign your name (parent) and your child(ren) names to confirm that you have agreed to all of the above expectations and terms.
Please choose the school that your child attends.
Specify what grade your child(ren) is in.
Choose the RBUSD "bus" route you will be joining:
Beryl Route 1: Carnelian St. & Elena Ave. Departs at 7:45 am on Wednesdays
Birney Route 1: Herrin St. & Ormond Ln. Departs at 7:50 am on Wednesdays
Lincoln Route 1: Green Ln. & Plant Ave. Departs at 7:50 am on Wednesdays
Madison Route 1: Blossom Ln. & Mathews Ave. Departs at 7:50 am on Fridays
Tulita Route 1: Ave. C & S. Catalina Ave. Departs at 7:35 am on Mondays and Wednesdays
Tulita Route 2: S. Prospect Ave. & Ave. C Departs at 7:50 am on Wednesdays
Tulita Route 3: Palos Verdes Blvd. & Ave. E Departs at 7:45 am on Wednesdays
Tulita Route 4: 1800 S. PCH Departs at 7:45 am on Mondays and Wednesdays
Washington Route 1: Meyer Ln. & Ralston Ln. Departs at 7:55 am on Tuesdays
List name, phone number and their relationship to the student.
Medical Insurance Carrier
In case of an emergency, please list your carrier (e.g. Blue Cross, Kaiser)
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.