SACNAS Distinguished Scientist Nomination Form
Nomination Criteria: Nominee holds a PhD or other doctoral degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) research field, has a minimum of ten years of experience as a principal investigator, and is 45 years of age or older. The nominee must be engaged in research and educational activities at the national level including, but not limited to active funded research projects or funded STEM-based education initiatives.
If you are a student, please indicate year and level (e.g. 3rd year undergraduate, Graduate Student, etc)
Name of Nominee
Email of Nominee
Why does the Nominee deserve to be recognized as the SACNAS Distinguished Scientist? [300 Words Max]
Describe the Nominees research. You may include links as necessary [200 Words Max]
How has the nominee engaged with Underrepresented Students or STEM professionals? [200 Words Max]
Please provide the following supporting documents:
1. CV of nominated individual (4 pages max.)
2. Three (3) letters of recommendation:
• Letters are written by individuals other than yourself.
• If you are a student, please have at least one letter from a professional colleague or supervisor of the nominee.
• If you are a professional colleague, please have at least one letter from a student mentee of the nominee.
3. Supporting materials related to the nominees research. Supplemental materials are not required but will be given weight in deliberations. Examples include (5 pages max.):
• Research interests and honors, accolades, or awards
• Articles written about the individual
Note, you can use this field to upload multiple files. PDF or Word files preferred.
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.