Star Spangled Celebration: Family Slider Contest
Thank you for your interest in participating in the first annual Star Spangled Celebration Family Slider Contest! We are excited to spend the day celebrating with you!
Please complete the registration information below. After submitting your registration, a follow-up email with rules, details, and your team wristband packet will be sent to your email.
Deadline for registration and payment is 5pm Central Time on Monday, June 26.
TEAM + CONTACT INFORMATION
Family Member 1
Family Member 2
Family Member 3
Family Member 4
Comments/ Additional Team Members
Please separate multiple team member names with a comma.
PAYMENT + FEES
Entry Fee: $25/ team of 4
Additional team member wristbands: $5
These fees cover the cost of contest entry and participation along with entry into the Star Spangled Celebration.
Call Me for Payment
A member of our team will call you for credit card payment over the phone within the week of your registration.
I Will Mail a Check to Arrive by June 23, 2017
Please note that checks MUST arrive to the Park no later than this date to secure entry into the contest. Entry may be denied if payment is not received on time.
Mail all checks to:
Shelby Farms Park Conservancy
6903 Great View Drive N
Memphis, TN 38134
- Each team must provide 8 sliders to enter the Family Slider Contest
- Sliders may feature protein of choice (i.e. beef, turkey, salmon, lentils, etc.) but MUST fit reasonably onto a slider-sized bun
- Garnish and Flavor as desired
- Food must be cooked off-site and brought to the Park on the day of the contest
- Food must be dropped off and team checked into the contest at the First Tennessee Foundation Visitor Center between 12:30pm and 1:00pm on July 1, 2017.
- Teams must use disposable containers made of either #2 plastic or compostable material such as paper. These containers will NOT be returned to the teams.
- Each team's slider will be judged within four (4) categories: Appearance, Flavor, Creativity and Best Overall
- Prizes will be given out to the winning teams of each category, with a grand prize going to the winner of the Best Overall category
- Once teams are registered, an email reiterating all rules and important information will be sent to the email address provided on this form
- Each team will receive a Team Packet the week before the contest. It will include: team wrist bands, parking passes, a copy of the rules and instructions, a Star Spangled Celebration itinerary and recommendations on what to bring and how to prepare for a full day with us at the Celebration!
RELEASE OF INDEMNITY AND LIABILITY
I understand that as a user of Shelby Farms Park and/or participant in activities conducted at Shelby Farms Park or sponsored by Shelby Farms Park Conservancy (“SFPC”), I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen and unforeseen. These inherent risks may result in injuries, damages and/or death, which can occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, animals or third parties, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons.
In consideration for being allowed to participate in activities at Shelby Farms Park, including, without limitation, riding bicycles, running on and off trails, riding horses, operating equipment or participating in any other activity at or affiliated with Shelby Farms Park whether or not sponsored by SFPC, I hereby agree and understand as follows:
On behalf of myself, my heirs and my personal representatives, I hereby forever release and discharge SFPC, it directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers and affiliates (the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability arising out of my use of Shelby Farms Park and/or participation in any activities, including, without limitation, any of the activities listed above, conducted at Shelby Farms Park and/or sponsored by or affiliated with SFPC, including, without limitation, liability for any claims or causes of action whatsoever arising out of any damage, loss, or injury (including death), to me or to property owned by or in the custody of me while engaged in such activities.
I further agree to assume the liability for, and to indemnify and defend SFPC from, any and all claims or damages for any sickness, personal injury, death, property damage or any other loss that may arise, either wholly or in part, out of any negligent, intentional or other act or omission by me in connection with any activities conducted at or engaged in by me at Shelby Farms Park and/or sponsored by or affiliated with SFPC, including those claims or damages that may arise out of the joint or concurrent negligence of a third party, the Released Parties, or any of them or which relate to a condition of the property of Shelby Farms Park or adjacent property.
I consent to whatever medical care might be provided or available at Shelby Farms Park and to conform to and comply with all the rules and regulations of Shelby Farms Park and SFPC.
This agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any provision or any part of any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of the agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
I have read this agreement in its entirety and I freely and voluntarily assume all risk of any and all activities in which I may engage or in which may be conducted at or affiliated with Shelby Farms Park and notwithstanding such risks, I agree to use Shelby Farms Park and participate in activities conducted at or affiliated with Shelby Farm Park.
By signing here, I and my team agree to abide by the statement above:
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PARTICPATION!
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Natalie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.