GSNorCal Apprentice CIT/WIT Application 2019
The Apprentice Counselor-in-Training (CIT) and Wrangler-in-Training (WIT) programs offer high school girls an opportunity to learn leadership and outdoor skills needed to work with girls in a camp setting. During the Apprentice CIT/WIT program, they will shadow camp staff members in areas of camp that interest them. The training program includes regular hours devoted to workshops, plus actual experience working with children under the supervision of camp staff. Once the completed application is submitted you will be contacted for an in person or Skype interview. Please submit this application at the same time as your registration for the program. Placements will occur beginning January 2019. If you have questions about the process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-447-4475, ext 4004. If you need more space to write anything, you may attach a word document to the bottom of the application. You may also attach copies of certificates, letters of recommendation, etc. if you wish.
APPLICATIONS DUE NO LATER THAN 4/1/2019
SECTION A: Personal information
(First and Last)
(Street, City, State, Zip Code)
Can we text you?:
If yes, please make sure the number above is a cell phone number.
(as of June 1)
Grade in fall:
Name and location of school in the fall:
I meet the age/grade pre-requisite for my program:
I have already completed a previous CIT program:
If yes, please list PROGRAM/LEVEL, CAMP and DATE:
Part of the CIT/WIT experience is volunteering with youth throughout the year, we have many opportunities coming up before camp even begins!
Once Upon a Pine, Soquel: March 23, 2019
Explore & More, Walnut Creek: March 30, 2019
Golden Gate Bridging, San Francisco: April 27, 2019
S’mores & More, San Jose: May 19, 2019
Explore & More, Lafayette: May 20, 2019
SECTION B: Resume and Cover Letter
Your resume and cover letter are required. Your cover letter gives you an opportunity to express your interest in working with us this summer. You may also use this section to upload any other documentation (certificates, letters of rec, etc.) if you'd like.
WITs Only: Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Which horse programs have you participated in at Skylark Ranch?
2. Please list any other horse programs you have attended at other camps or with other groups/organizations
3. Describe the skills you learned or gained from these programs.
4. Do you currently take lessons?
5. What styles of riding do you participate in?
6. Please describe your interest in working with younger children and horses
7. Think about a positive riding instructor you have had. What qualities did this instructor have and which qualities do you wish to emulate?
8. If you have any photos of you riding or a video of your riding, please attach those files here so we may review them with your application!
Please upload a current Resume AND Cover Letter:
My electronic signature acknowledges that the statements made within this application are, to the best of my knowledge, accurate and true.
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.