Expeditionary Program Group Facilitator
Adventureworks! leading edge adventure programs create positive growth and change in individuals, groups and organizations. We provide unique and exciting learning environments that enable participants to develop a greater understanding of themselves, build healthier relationships, exercise more effective leadership and make a positive impact in their communities. The Adventure Learning Centre at Canterbury Hills is situated in the Dundas Valley at the base of the Niagara Escarpment in a unique Carolinian Forest, just 18 minutes from downtown Hamilton.
Assume a leadership role in the delivery, debriefing, reporting and evaluation of a multi-day, multi-activity experience that includes camping, bushcraft skills, rappelling, initiative challenges, low ropes, high ropes, rock climbing, crayfish study, canoeing, and a service project.
• Commitment to the mission and values of Adventureworks! Associates, Inc.
• University degree or college diploma (or actively enrolled).
• Experience as an educator, facilitator, or counsellor in outdoor tripping programs.
• Standard First Aid and CPR required. Wilderness Advanced First Aid or Wilderness First Responder preferred.
• Current certification/training in one or more of a variety of outdoor pursuits, including: Challenge Course, Climbing or Canoeing
• Hiking & Camping Experience leading trips with youth participants
Staff Training: April 20-22, 2018 (Day Only)
Expedition Program: April 23-27, 2018 (Day + Overnight)
To apply complete the form below and upload required documents. Cover Letters can be address to: Jodie Fluit, Director of Expeditionary Programs
Applicant Last Name
Applicant First Name
Challenge Course Cert
Level 1 - Low Only / LRF
Level 1 - High Only / CWF
Level 1 - Full / ARCI
Level 2 - Full / RCI
Challenge Course Manager
First Aid Cert
Standard First Aid w. CPR + AED
Wilderness First Aid
Wilderness Advanced First Aid
Wilderness First Responder
I confirm that I am available for all Contract Dates listed, including both the Training, and Expedition Program dates.
Please upload the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Challenge Course Portfolio (if available)
TIP: You will not be able to upload all documents at once. Click on this field to upload each document on its own.
WORKPLACE ACCOMMODATION POLICY
Adventureworks Associates Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are treated with respect and dignity, and provided with equal opportunity for success.
If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please inform Mady Toth, HR Manager by calling 1 (877) 311-5683 or by email at email@example.com
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.