Spring 2018 FLEX Call for Proposals
The Flex Day Planning Committee is seeking proposals for the upcoming Professional Development Day scheduled for Friday, February 23, 2018. The day will begin with an opening meeting which will include an exciting guest speaker, followed by three breakout sessions. Any employee can propose a session. You will be asked to identify one of three formats for your session when you submit your proposal: traditional workshops, theme threaded sessions, or collaborative interdepartmental workgroups.
* A traditional workshop is a learning activity scheduled within one session.
* A theme-threaded proposal runs through all three breakout sessions and includes a traditional workshop plus deeper work in the topic areas, such as a group activity, planning session, student panel, review and analysis of data, and/or applied work with colleagues. For example, a threaded theme on LGBTQ+ populations could include history and data in Session 1, a group activity/discussion in Session 2, and follow-up with an idea generating/problem-solving/take action forum for Session 3.
* A collaborative interdepartmental workgroup provides the time and opportunity for two or more departments/disciplines to plan or advance a collaborative project (i.e. a session with Photography and Aeronautics to learn about drones and discuss appropriate curriculum approaches across both disciplines). You can apply to utilize one, two, or all three breakout sessions.
Lead Presenter Name
Name(s) of additional presenters
Lead Presenter's Phone Number
Lead Presenter's Email
Type of Professional Development Proposed
Session times when you will be available to present/facilitate. (Please check all that apply.)
Example: If you are proposing a themed-thread mark all three.
Session 1: 10:45 am -Noon
Session 2: 1:00-2:15 pm
Session 3: 2:30-4:00 pm
Provide a brief (under 100 word) description of your proposed workshop, themed-thread, or interdepartmental workgroup. Please note that this short description will be used in all program and publicity materials.
* If proposing a themed-thread, please provide a description for each session.
* If proposing an interdepartmental workgroup, please provide which departments will be collaborating, the topic, and workgroup activities planned.
Workshop, themed-thread, or interdepartmental workgroup learning outcomes
Please provide at least two desired learning outcomes.
Intended audience of session
All Faculty (Inclusive of all faculty listed below)
What technical knowledge and/or skills are necessary to participate?
What is the maximum enrollment you would like for your session?
What is the general purpose of your session? (Please check all that apply)
These are the Flexible Calendar Categories
Which theme does your session support?
Teaching with Technology
Other Theme- (Please explain below)
Explanation of "Other Theme"
If we are not able to accommodate your proposal in our FLEX Day offerings, are you willing to offer your session as a professional development course in POD?
Equipment Needed. (Please check all that apply.)
Laptop or Computer
Document Projector (ELMO)
Equipment and/or Supplies- Other (please specify)
Is there any additional information about your proposal that the FLEX Planning Committee needs to know? (i.e. special accomodations, special table and chair set up etc.)
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.