Rising Star Young Leader Regional Chairstream Nominations
Greetings Regional Executive Team Leaders,
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 4, 2019
Thank you for your submission. This form must be completed by a regional chair-stream member; only a NAFSA Regional Executive Team member may submit a nomination.
If you are not the regional executive team member and would like to recommend someone for this award please visit
Rising Star Young Leader Award recommendations will be sent to NAFSA regional leadership for consideration and each region will choose a nominee for the award.
Nominations will come from the NAFSA regional chair streams. Some regional chairs will nominate their fall regional awardee for this national award and other regional chairs will welcome recommendations from members in their Region.
The Rising Star Young Leader Award is given annually in recognition of a professional who has impacted the field of international education during the first five years of the recipient's area of work. The rising star will have demonstrated a commitment to internationalization and an ingenuity of thought that has the potential for having substantial and lasting influence upon global education.
To be considered for the Rising Star Young Leader Award a nominee:
- May or may not be a NAFSA member
- Has served in their present area of expertise/specialization no more than 5 years
- Shows passion and has made significant contributions to their department, unit, institution, organization, to the NAFSA community, and/or to the field of international education
Has engaged in activities such as:
- Organized or led an activity or range of activities or services within their organization that promotes international education
- Demonstrated innovation in their area of specialization
- Presented at conferences and/or have engaged in publications of their work
- Contributed to international education as a volunteer leader, etc.
- Shows promise in making further contributions to the field of international education as a leader
Choose your NAFSA Region
Explain how the nominated individual shows passion and has made significant contributions to their department, unit, institution, organization, to the NAFSA community, and/or to the field of international education.
List activities that the nominated individual has engaged in to further the field of international education.
Explain how the nominated individual shows promise in making further contributions to the field of international education as a leader.
In what specific ways has the nominated individual had positive influence on the lives or careers of participants or professionals in the field of international education?
Optional: Please add other relevant information about the nominated individual's contribution to the field of international education and exchange.
Nominator Leadership Role/Title
Nominator Email Address
Nominator Phone Number
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.