TEAM ENTRY INQUIRY
National Taco Championships, sanctioned by The Taco Society, is creating a platform for YOU to compete for the Nation's BEST Tacos.
Think you have what it takes? Sign up here to enter as a competing Team. Signing up as a Team gives you space to set up shop at one of our competitions to serve $3 tacos while competing for a $10,000 prize fund.
If you are new to the competition, please take a moment to review details outlined on the FAQ page first and contact us directly with questions.
Questions? Contact Katelin@TheTacoGroup.com for more info.
Street, City, State, Zip
More information to come on the following-
- Health Department requirements
- Insurance requirements
- Business Tax Licensing
- Team Entry Fees
- Team Deliverables
I WILL SERVE OUT OF
A PROVIDED 10X20 TENTED SPACE
MY FOOD TRUCK//TRAILER
SET UP DESCRIPTION
SIGNAGE REQUIREMENTS- (EXAMPLE: If you have a tent space, we will be providing a 10ft banner hung above your tent with your team name in all caps. Please type your name as you would like it on the banner (up to 2 lines).
MENU ITEMS TO SERVE TO CHAMPIONSHIP ATTENDEES
ALL TACOS MUST BE PRICED A LA CARTE AT $3 EACH.
Tacos MUST be the main focus of your menu.
You may sell any type of taco.
Additional menu items, that are not tacos, must be pre-approved. Selling water and soda is prohibited. Please submit all additional menu requests (anything that is not a taco// non-alcoholic specialty beverages) to Katelin@thetacogroup.com for approval.
*You MUST have (1) $3 on your menu at all times with enough product to last the duration of the event. Selling out of your $3 item could forfeit your participation in the competition.
FOOD MENU ITEMS
Please include pricing
TACO SAMPLE AMOUNT
Please indicate the amount of tacos you are equipped to serve each day. National Taco Championships requires all teams to be equipped to serve a minimum of 1,200 tacos. All taco sales depend on you team's execution (1,500 tacos is average for a first year team).
VEGETARIAN TACO AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
VEGAN TACO AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Main Taco Categories:
Registration fees included with Team Registration
Side Cart Competition Categories (optional):
Additional 1 Time Entry Fee: XXX
Register here: XXX
I WOULD LIKE TO ENTER
Are you bringing a grill or using propane?
*If cooking with an open flame, you must bring a serviced fire extinguisher.
*If cooking with grease, you must bring a serviced Type K fire extinguisher.
Please list all items that require power, including cooking equipment, hot/cold holding and any decor / lighting items.
If you are unsure of exact requirements, or have a 220 volt receptacle, you must include photos of the plug configurations, so that we are prepared to power all of your equipment.
VERY IMPORTANT: We cannot guarantee power service will be sufficient without this information.
TYPE OF EQUIPMENT
TYPE OF EQUIPMENT 2
TYPE OF EQUIPMENT 3
RELEASE & CHAMPIONSHIP AGREEMENT
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTING THIS ENTRY, I THE UNDERSIGNED RECOGNIZE THAT THE NATIONAL TACO CHAMPIONSHIPS, AND ANY OF THEIR CO-SPONSORS INCLUDING OTHER ENTRIES, THEIR EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR MYSELF OR MEMBERS OF MY GROUP.
I WILL ASSUME ALL RISKS THAT ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION. I ALSO HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE NATIONAL TACO CHAMPIONSHIPS, ITS CO-SPONSORS, THEIR DEPARTMENTS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS FOR ANY INJURIES OR LOSS THAT ARISE FROM OUR PARTICIPATION. FURTHER, I GRANT FULL PERMISSION TO THE NATIONAL TACO CHAMPIONSHIPS ORGANIZERS, PROMOTERS AND SPONSORS OR ANY AGENT AUTHORIZED BY THEM, TO USE ANY PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOS, RECORDINGS OR ANY OTHER RECORD OF THIS EVENT FOR ANY LEGITIMATE PURPOSE.
1. All booths must be attended, maintained and set up during all show hours until closing time of the event.
2. Vendor agrees that load in and load out of vendor space will be conducted based on the Load in Schedule provided by the Event Management. Any dismantling of the booth space prior to authorized times and date will be grounds for exclusion at future events.
3. National Taco Championships reserve the right to make the final determination of all space assignments. Booth spaces will be assigned to your booth location upon arriving to the event.
4. No smoking on the event premises.
5. Power will be provided upon request; it is the vendor’s responsibility to provide their own extension cords.
6. Vendors will not hold National Taco Championships responsible or accountable for any damages, expenses, or liability arising from any of its agents, employees, or others occurring in or on the grounds of the facility and the approaches and entrances thereto.
7. Event Management is authorized to record and use audio/visual materials and photographs taken at the event.
8. Each vendor must be in full compliance with all regulations determined by the Fire Department and Health Department and will not be allowed to vend until all requirements have been met.
9. Vendors shall comply with all federal, state and municipal laws and administrative rules, including but not limited to those relating to licenses and permits, ordinances, and regulations applicable to the festival.
ACCEPTANCE OF WAIVER
Accepting means you agree to the release above.
I DO NOT ACCEPT
LEAVE US ANY NOTES OR QUESTIONS HERE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN COMPETING FOR THE NATION'S BEST TACO
*Please note this is an application. Space at National Taco Championships is not guaranteed. A Championship team member will be in contact with you once your application has been reviewed.
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.