Request for Technical Assistance: NALCAB Rural Capacity Building Program
The NALCAB Rural Capacity Building Program delivers project-based and organizational technical assistance (TA) and loans for organizations to carry out affordable housing and community development projects that benefit rural low- and moderate-income households in 12 target states.
Low- and moderate-income household means a household whose income does not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI).
1) Interested organizations first submit this Request for Technical Assistance.The Request allows NALCAB to determine whether the interested organization meets our basic program eligibility criteria.
2) NALCAB staff will review the Request within 7 business days and will notify the organization via e-mail if they are eligible to submit a full Application. Staff will provide the organization with an application form and instructions.
3) Once the organization submits a full Application, NALCAB will review it within 30 days of its receipt. Applicants will be notified via e-mail of their status.
Currently NALCAB accepts submissions on a rolling basis.
Please contact Laura Furst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name of Organization
Point of Contact Name
Point of Contact E-mail
Has your organization previously received TA under the NALCAB Rural Capacity Building Program?
Applicants must qualify as one of the types of organizations below.
501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization
Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO)
Community Development Corporation (CDC)
Rural Housing Development Organization (RHDO)
Organizational Budget FY 2018
Number of Full-Time Employees
Project/Program Budget ($)
Please provide the dollar amount of your project/program budget.
Does your program/project serve eligible rural low-and moderate-income communities?
Use the USDA Property Eligibility Mapping Tool to determine whether your program/project is located in an eligible rural area:
Is your organization based in an eligible rural area?
Please use your organization's main address. Link to mapping tool:
USDA Rural Eligibility Map Attachment
Please attach a copy of your organization's USDA eligibility map. Link to mapping tool:
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE REQUEST
Technical Assistance Requested
Please check the categories of technical assistance requested.
1. Strategic Planning
2. Resource Development
3. Applying and Managing Federal Funds
4. Community Needs Assessment Preparation
5. Community Planning
6. Project Development and Financing
7. Program Development & Design
8. Stakeholder Engagement
9. Partnership Development
10. Leadership Development
11. Board and Staff Training
12. Organizational Sustainability
13. Identifying and Incorporating Best Practices
14. Risk Management and Crisis Response Planning
15. Measuring Outcomes and Outputs
16. Working with Consultants
17. Information Data Systems
18. CDC or CHDO Designation
19. Other Technical Assistance
Based on the selected TA categories requested, please check areas of anticipated outputs and outcomes from this TA engagement.
Affordable Housing units created, preserved, placed into the development process
Jobs created or retained
Businesses created or retained
CDC or CDHO created
Low- and moderate-income households served
Accessing or expanding Federal or non-Federal funding
Creation of new partnerships and/or peer to peer connections
Please concisely describe the project or program for which TA is requested. (500 words max).
- Program/ project objectives
- Needs of target populations and service areas
- Anticipated timeline and relevant deadlines
If applicable, please indicate who referred you to our program.
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.