PureEdge Lighting - Purchasing Buyer
The Purchasing Buyer will be responsible for identifying and procuring goods and services needed. This person will identify external material needs, find services who can provide these goods, negotiate for prices and arrange for the purchase and delivery of goods.
• Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
• Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
• Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
• Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
• Provide customer service to sales teams and vendor for pricing issues, coordinating ship dates, expediting orders and maintaining of purchase orders.
• Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
• Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
• Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
• Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Participate in all product development meeting to prepare schedule for all products and analyze all procurement requirements.
• Analyze all future requirements for projects and design all order products to ensure achievement of all sales objectives.
• Review all purchase specifications and issue appropriate bids to all suppliers.
• Organize and participate in various meetings and prepare required reports to identify appropriate purchasing requirements and design an effective business plan to achieve all objectives.
• Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, and using pricing schedules.
• Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
• Establish and prepare product manufacturing bill of material consisting information on required tools, materials, and cost projections.
• Must speak and write English proficiently.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Ability to communicate in Mandarin, Cantonese or Taiwanese but not required.
• Prior experience with Epicor 9.0 or above, Oracle or other MRP systems.
• Must have 3+ years of experience in a Manufacturing environment and 2 years + experience as Purchasing/Engineering Clerk.
• Must possess excellent communication skills and be self-motivated.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Professional, responsible and dedicated.
• Friendly and flexible.
Years of Experience
Please indicate the years of experience related to the position you are applying for.
Less than one
Please upload your resume
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.