About the Position
Adventureworks! Associates is hiring a Program Coordinator to help support a team of energetic facilitators with delivering quality adventure programs to our school, youth, and community-focused clients. The Program Coordinator will work directly with our senior program management team to plan and prepare programs, provide support and leadership to our facilitators, deliver, and debrief adventure experiences, and help to ensure excellent client experiences.
• Primary duties include facilitating team building, leadership, and community development programs for schools, youth, and community-focused organizations
• Design programs as required
• Maintain open communication with clients before, during, and after their experience
• Support program delivery staff
• Manage risk and provide effective leadership in a variety of outdoor and adventure activities such as low and high element challenge courses, rock climbing, group initiative tasks, evening activities, and outdoor living skills
• Deliver and coordinate programs at a variety of locations in Ontario including The Adventure Learning Center at Canterbury Hills (Ancaster), Crieff Hills Community (Puslinch), Norval Outdoor School (Georgetown), Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area (Milton), Hamilton and Halton Region schools, and more. Facilitators must have transportation means that allows them to arrive at the program delivery location.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on programming and adverse events
• Assist with housekeeping and hospitality tasks as needed
• Help ensure the client experience is positive and consistent
Certifications & Qualifications
• University degree or college diploma preferred
• Standard First Aid and CPR required. Wilderness Advanced First Aid or Wilderness First Responder preferred.
• Level 2 Challenge Course Practitioner/RCI –this position provides opportunities to attend one of our certification courses if necessary
• Current and clear criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector search (must be obtained prior to employment)
• Ability to provide a clear driver’s abstract upon request
• Committed to the mission and values of Adventureworks! Associates Inc.
• Experienced in the coordination of programs
• Knowledgeable with facilitating programs and outdoor experiences with groups.
• Equipped with a deep “bag of tricks” of activities.
• Creative, patient, compassionate, and experience teaching outdoor skills
• Experienced working with school and adult learning groups
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ideal candidate should be available for Spring and Fall seasons.
• Spring Season: April - June
• Fall Season: Late August - early November
• This position is based in Ontario – most programs are delivered at our primary locations in Ancaster, Ontario. Candidates must have their own transportation.
• This position is part-time with potential full-time hours during peak seasons.
Please complete all required fields.
Where are you available to begin work?
Are there any limitations to your availability?
Check if available for Spring 2018 program season
Check if available for Fall 2018 program season
Check if available for Summer 2018 season
Challenge Course Certification
Level 1 - Low Only / LRF
Level 1 - High Only / CWF
Level 1 - Full / ARCI
Level 2 - Full / RCI
Challenge Course Manager
First Aid Certification
Standard First Aid w. CPR + AED
Wilderness First Aid
Wilderness Advanced First Aid
Wilderness First Responder
Please upload the following documents:*
• Cover Letter
• Challenge Course Portfolio (if available)
TIP: You will not be able to upload all documents at once. Click on this field to upload each document on its own. Check files listed prior to submission to ensure your have provided all required.
Adventureworks Associates Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are treated with respect and dignity, and provided with equal opportunity for success.
If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please inform us by calling 1 (877) 311-5683 or by email at email@example.com
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.