Welcoming Environment® Organizational Award
Welcoming Environment® Core Value
A Welcoming Environment® drives deeper engagement and increased participation with the Association and will ultimately increase revenue and build sustainable relationships.
Welcoming Environment® Defined
Welcoming Environment® is defined as the creation of a sense of belonging and connectedness that engages individuals in an authentic manner in which uniqueness is valued, respected and supported through opportunities and interaction. Learn more in our Welcoming Environment® Resource Kit (
Welcoming Environment® Organizational Award
1. The Welcoming Environment® Organizational Award is awarded to an association that has demonstrated exemplary outcomes in providing an inclusive and welcoming environment and culture. This includes, but is not limited to demonstrated evidence related to the following:
a. Employee Hiring
b. Employee Training
c. Employee Satisfaction
d. Employee Retention
e. Diversity and Inclusion
2. The Welcoming Environment® Organizational Award will identify effective practices and tools that can be shared with other associations who require “real-life” examples and Best Practices that lead to vibrant and engaging work environments.
3. The Welcoming Environment® Organizational Award will encourage associations to develop high-performing work cultures that lead to increased employee engagement, retention, productivity and successful outcomes.
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Welcoming Environment® Award Criteria
1. The award will be presented to Association Forum members that are 501(c)3, 501(c)4, or 501(c)6 organizations. There is not a requirement for an association’s minimum number of years in business or minimum number of employees.
2. The association can be headquartered throughout anywhere throughout the United States of America.
3. Any current employee(s) of the association can nominate their organization. Proof of support is required by the Executive Director/CEO.
4. Current associations represented on the Association Forum Board of Directors cannot be considered in the same year that the award is presented.
5. An association can apply and receive the award multiple times but not within 5 years of receiving the award.
6. There is no limit to the number of times an organization can apply for the award. The current Executive Director/CEO will need to sign off on re-application.
7. Please note: Each question has a limit of 4000 characters.
Welcoming Environment® - Organization Details
Estimated Total Employees
100 or more
Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Director
To your understanding, does the Chief Executive support this nomination?
Support by the Chief Executive is required for consideration of this award. Please explain in detail some leadership examples that have championed a Welcoming Environment®.
Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Director Contact Information
Insert email and phone number below:
All nominations must be submitted by a current employee.
Name of Nominator
Title of Nominator
Welcoming Environment® - Organizational Questionnaire
Please complete this section thoroughly. The awards selection process will seriously consider the responses to all of the questions as major indicators of whether or not your organization has actively demonstrated "Welcoming Environment®" as part of your core values.
Please explain how your organization championed a welcoming environment for your staff and/or members.
This question should indicate involvement of leadership support to create a Welcoming Environment®. Please provided detailed leadership examples that have successfully championed a welcoming culture in your association.
How does your organization actively incorporate Welcoming Environment® into the core values of the association.
This question should clearly indicate how your organization goes beyond policy to implementation of the Welcoming Environment® core value. Please list your organization's core values and how they support Welcoming Environment®.
Describe how a Welcoming Environment® core value has benefited your organization, staff and/or members.
Provide quantifiable examples here, such as increased retention, members, engagement, etc. Please provide measurable examples and clearly state how the final achievement/results were quantified.
Has your organization been recognized or acknowledged as a leading institution where best practices are encouraged?
Please indicate examples here such as industry awards, Best Places to Work, quality awards, etc. Please include the year, for example: Best Places to Work, 2014-2017.
Does your organization hold leadership accountable to treat employees with respect and care?
Please indicate how your organization ensures top-down leadership support of the Welcoming Environment® core value.
How does your association support every employee's opinion to ensure that all voices are heard throughout the organization?
Please provide a few quotes from employees throughout various levels of the organization. You can use existing survey tools, etc., to complete this section or request testimonials.
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.