2019 Miracle Network Dance Marathon Ambassador Application
Miracle Network Dance Marathon is seeking passionate and motivated students to serve as brand ambassadors, serving as content creators to help market the cause of children’s hospitals and spread the word about the Miracle Network Dance Marathon movement.
What is a Dance Marathon Ambassador?
Dance Marathon Ambassadors will serve in this voluntary role for a one-year term from June 2019-May 2020, during which they will work to create content related to the Dance Marathon experience that can help explain what Dance Marathon is, why others should get involved, and why people should fundraise for their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Dance Marathon Ambassadors will work together as a team, led by Brian Golden, Director of Content Development at CMN Hospitals, to identify opportunities for creating and promoting Dance Marathon brand awareness. Responsibilities will include:
- Writing guest blog posts for cmnhospitals.org (at least 3 per semester)
- Participating in takeovers for the Dance Marathon social media channels (at least 1 per semester)
- Attending the Dance Marathon Leadership Conference (July 19-21) to participate in an orientation, photoshoots, video interviews, and other content creation.
- Assisting in the promotion of national Dance Marathon campaigns, such as Child Health Day.
- Participating in monthly calls with the ambassador team.
- Keeping up-to-date on happenings throughout the Miracle Network Dance Marathon movement and contributing ideas for Dance Marathon-related content, including content that can be utilized as resources for Dance Marathon leaders and participants.
Who can be a Dance Marathon Ambassador?
The ideal Dance Marathon Ambassador Team will represent the diversity of the Miracle Network Dance Marathon movement, including students from a variety of identities and backgrounds, program sizes, school types, geographic locations, and levels of Dance Marathon involvement.
Dance Marathon Ambassadors should:
- Be extremely passionate about Miracle Network Dance Marathon and be able to articulate what Dance Marathon is and how others can get involved.
- Have an understanding of how Dance Marathon programs are making a difference for local children’s hospitals.
- Be familiar with all major social media channels and trends and how to engage on each.
- Be self-motivated and organized to complete content projects by assigned deadlines.
- Be creative and able to brainstorm ideas for marketing Dance Marathon.
- Have the basic skills necessary to write blog posts and take photos/record videos on a phone.
- Be comfortable speaking on camera in live videos and recorded interviews.
- Be a current student in good standing at a school with a Miracle Network Dance Marathon program not graduating before May 2020.
Dance Marathon Ambassadors must:
- Represent CMN Hospitals and Miracle Network Dance Marathon in an appropriate manner, even outside of their role as an ambassador, including on their social media channels.
- Be willing to have a public Instagram channel and be willing to be tagged in social posts from Dance Marathon channels.
- Be willing to share Dance Marathon content on their personal social media channels.
- Actively engage in their role as an ambassador until it is complete in May 2020. This includes fulfilling minimum expectations related to posting/guest blogging/channel engagement and participating in ambassador team calls. (Expected time commitment is approximately 5 hours/month).
- Be available to attend the Dance Marathon Leadership Conference July 19-21, 2019.
While service as a Dance Marathon Ambassador is a voluntary role, Ambassadors will receive:
- Complimentary registration for the Dance Marathon Leadership Conference, including a hotel room and travel expenses, as needed.*
- Miracle Network Dance Marathon apparel.
- Recognition on Dance Marathon social media channels.
- Resume building skills and experience and leadership development opportunities including: skills related to brand management and social media activation; opportunities to connect with and learn from CMN Hospitals staff; and networking with peers from across the Miracle Network Dance Marathon movement.
*If a student is selected as an Ambassador and was already registered or planning on attending DMLC, or had already received funding from their school or hospital, they will be able to send an additional student from their campus so that they can attend as an Ambassador. Ambassadors will be able to participate in a majority of the general sessions and educational breakout sessions, other than during an Ambassador Orientation on Friday evening and during a short time Saturday morning during a filming/photoshoot opportunity.
Friday, May 17: Dance Marathon Ambassador Applications Due
June 3-7: Selected Ambassadors will be notified (We will also work with selected Ambassadors to get them registered for DMLC at this time.)
July 19-21: Dance Marathon Leadership Conference at the Marriott Grand St. Louis Hotel, St. Louis, Missouri
If you have questions about the application process or the role of an ambassador, please reach out to Brian Golden, Director of Content Development at CMN Hospitals, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
List your involvement in Dance Marathon on your campus, including committee roles or leadership positions held (if applicable):
Pleas include what role(s) you will have with Dance Marathon for the upcoming 2019-2020 academic year.
List your involvement/leadership roles on campus/in the community outside of Dance Marathon:
Please upload a PDF or Word Document with your responses to the questions below, in accordance with the following guidelines:
- At the top of the document, please include your name and university/college.
- Please include the respective question number before each response.
- In total, your responses to all five questions should not exceed two pages, single-spaced with size 12 font.
Written Response Questions:
1. Why are you interested in serving as a Dance Marathon Ambassador?
2. Why do you think you would be an outstanding ambassador for Miracle Network Dance Marathon? What skills or unique perspectives/experiences do you have that will allow you to be successful as an ambassador?
3. Why do you, personally, participate in Dance Marathon?
- We want your answer here to be authentic. There is not a specific answer that we’re looking for. We know that many students participate for many reasons, and also that those reasons change over time, and want to hear yours.
4. Why do you think students should get involved on Dance Marathon on their campus?
5. Why should people donate to their local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals?
Please upload a photo of yourself that you would not mind being shared on social media/the website if you are selected as a Dance Marathon Ambassador.
We want to see your personality and creative skills in action. Please upload a video of yourself responding to the following prompt:
"What is Dance Marathon?"
This is an opportunity for you to respond to the prompt in your own individual way. We want you to feel comfortable getting creative and showing us how you could be successful in serving as a Dance Marathon Ambassador.
Your video can take on whatever format you see fit, just make sure that you're speaking in front of the camera for at least a portion of it.
Please upload your answers to the written response questions, your photo, and your video file here:
Once you upload your written responses, you will be able to upload your photo and video separately.
The site has a limit of 30MB for file sizes. f your video file is too large to upload, you may e-mail email@example.com a link to your video through Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other file sharing site OR you may include the link in your written responses document.
****Please name your files as:
- Your Last Name, Your First Name Written Responses
- Your Last Name, Your First Name Photo
- Your Last Name, Your First Name Video
By checking this box, I commit to fulfilling the responsibilities of a Dance Marathon Ambassador and abiding by the expectations listed above if I am selected as a Dance Marathon Ambassador.
By submitting this application, you grant permission for Miracle Network Dance Marathon to share portions of your application materials (photo, video and written responses) on social media and the CMN Hospitals blog if you are selected as an Ambassador.
If you have any questions about the application or the submission or selection process, please e-mail Brian Golden, Director, Content Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.