Malawi Forestry Application
Chemonics International Inc., a US-based international development consulting firm, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified professionals for an anticipated USAID-funded modern energy and sustainable forest management activity in Malawi. This activity will focus on sustainable forest management and alternative energy sources to increase forest cover, reduce land-based greenhouse gas emissions, and enhance livelihoods. We are looking for individuals that have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are currently accepting CVs/resumes for experts with the following skills:
- Natural resource management
- Conservation agriculture and/or agroforestry
- Forest and land use policy
- Community-based forest and land management
- Low emissions development
- REDD+ policy and implementation
- Countering illegal timber extraction/trafficking
- Alternative energy sources
- Fuel efficient cookstove technologies
- Social behavior change and demand reduction
- Private sector engagement
- Value chain and enterprise development
- Remote sensing and GIS
- Gender and youth integration
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Grants and/or subcontracts management
Qualifications for technical specialists:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; relevant advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience in fields required for successful implementation of this anticipated activity
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with the Government of Malawi and civil society stakeholders
- Experience with USAID or other international donors locally preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills required
Local nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Do you have experience in sustainable forestry management and/or alternative energy?
Do you have experience working on direct USAID-funded projects?
Do you have experience working in Malawi?
How many years of experience do you have working in this sector?
Do you have professional fluency in English?
Please upload your CV and cover letter
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.