Waverley Council - Venue Hire Grants Program 2019-20
Venue Hire Grants application form
The Venue Hire Grant Program aims to support groups that provide identifiable social, recreational and cultural benefits to Waverley’s community. The program is underpinned by the social justice principles of equity of access and participation for everyone in the community.
Waverley Council operates a fee structure that offers all Not for Profit or Non-Profit community groups a 50% reduction on Standard hire fees. Groups are able to apply for further support in reduced fees through the Venue Hire Grants Program. Grants will be awarded to groups that can demonstrate significant community benefit or in cases of genuine hardship. Grants are open to organisation for the use of indoor and outdoor facilities.
Groups and organisations that can demonstrate compliance with the ATO’s definition of Not for Profit or Non‐Profit are eligible.
Each application will be assessed using the information it provides against the following criteria:
• Evidence of financial hardship provided.
• Provide critical support services, such as services for frail aged residents.
• Evidence that the activity will benefit Waverley residents
• Evidence that the group is capable of carrying out the planned activity e.g. relevant experience
• Suitability of the proposed activity for, and in keeping with, the primary purpose of the venue requested
• Description of the community benefits the applicant expects the activity will provide and its alignment with Waverley Councils Community Strategic Plan Waverley Together 3 2018-29
What groups won’t be supported?
Council will not consider applications for a reduced rate for:
• Activities with an exclusive religious or political purpose
• Activities that are part of the core responsibilities of schools or tertiary education institutions
• Activities that duplicate existing programs
• Activities that directly contravene Council policy
• Activities proposed by applicants who have outstanding debts or have overdue grant acquittal requirements to Waverley Council. Other grants and support being received by applicants will be considered in assessments
• Activities proposed by For-Profit organisations
Grants will be awarded either to the value of 50% of the community Not for Profit fee rate or to the value of a full fee waiver.
The applicant must confirm the availability of the venue for their activity and make a tentative booking prior to lodging their grant application.
• Grant applications open on Monday 1st April 2019 and all applications need to be submitted before the 21st April 2019.
• Council officers will assess applications against the eligibility criteria. A report with recommendations for funding will be submitted for council consideration and approval at the 15th May Council Meeting. After council has reached a verdict, we will contact applicants about the outcome of their application.
• All applicants will be advised in writing regarding the outcome of their application. This is anticipant to happen the week of the 20th May 2019.
• Grants awarded apply for the period of the financial year in which they are awarded. A new application will need to be submitted for the following year.
Grant recipients must agree to:
• Abide by Waverley Council’s conditions of hire for its venues. This includes the payment of security bonds, storage, keys and provision of Public Liability Insurance where applicable.
• Acknowledge Council support in all promotional material, annual report and other information relating to the grant‐funded activity (Council logo can be supplied on request).
• Submit an acquittal form and provide a short evaluation report on their activity, immediately following the completion of the activity.
Failure to meet these conditions will disqualify the applicant from receiving any further grant support from Waverley Council.
Checklist ATO: Is your organisation a Not for Profit?
Is your organisation not operating for the profit or gain of its individual members, either directly or indirectly?
• Do your organisation’s constituent documents prohibit it from making any distribution – whether money, property or otherwise – to its members during the course of its operations?
• Do your organisation’s constituent documents prohibit it from making any distribution – whether money, property or otherwise to its members on dissolution.
• Are your organisation’s activities consistent with its constituent document’s clauses?
• Does your organisation have sufficient controls (processes) in place to ensure that members and other private persons does not receive the property or assets of the organisation? Property or assets can be bona fide (legitimate) reimbursement for services they have provided to the organisation, or as reasonable compensation for expenses incurred on behalf of the organisation.
• Are the profits made by your organisation used to carry out its purposes?
Waverley Councils Community Strategic Plan Waverley Together 3 2018-29
Waverley’s Community Strategic Plans are underpinned by the social justice principles of equity, access, rights and participation for everyone in the community.
Key directions include:
• Waverley’s cultural heritage and diversity are recognised, protected and respected.
• The community is welcoming and inclusive and people feel they are connected and belong.
• Community support services continue to be targeted to, and accessible by, those who need them most
including children and young people, older people, and people with a disability.
• People feel safe in all parts of Waverley.
• Arts and cultural activities foster an involved community and a creative environment.
• Health and quality of life are improved through a range of recreation and leisure opportunities.
Information about the organisation
What type of Not for Profit organisation are you?
e.g. Community Not for Profit group, registered non-profit organisation.
Attach evidence of Not for Profit status & Public Liability Insurance
N.B Also attach any other information that addresses the assessment criteria which will benefit your application.
e.g. evidence of financial hardship and a short evaluation of how the group's activities ran in 2018-19.
Provide ABN and/or ACN
Information about the booking
Start and finish times?
State multiple days and times if applicable.
e.g. Tuesday 1pm to 2pm & Friday 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
Have you placed a tentative booking on the venue through the EOI process?
Are you currenlty using a venue?
Information about the activity and who will benefit
Describe the activity in less than 100 words
Estimated number of people attending the activity?
What is the age range of participants?
Estimated percentage living in the Waverley LGA?
Cultural background of participants?
Other participants characteristics?
e.g. disability, frail age, youth, LGBT
Describe your activities objectives / goals?
What benefit do you hope this activity will achieve for the Waverley community? Describe specific target groups who will benefit.
How will you evaluate whether your project has met its goals and achieved its desired benefit?
If currently operating, please provide details of venue/s currently hired plus the period for which you have been in this arrangement.
Is the group receiving any other support or in-kind contributions?
What evidence can you provide that the group is capable of carrying out the planned activity for the year?
How will you acknowledge Waverley Councils support?
If you are currently in receipt of a Venue Hire Grant for 2018-19, a condition of the grant approval was that all groups would be required to submit an acquittal or short evaluation on the group’s activities.
Please provide this information below or separately attach it to the form.
Failure to provide this information will impact further grants from being approved.
Is there any other information you would like us to consider when assessing your application?
By ticking the box below you are agreeing that the information you have provided is true to the best of your knowledge and that you have read and agree to abide by the grant conditions in full.
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.