Adventureworks! Associates is hiring a team of energetic facilitators to deliver quality adventure programs to our school, youth, and community-focused clients. Program facilitators will work directly with our senior program management team to prepare, deliver, and debrief adventure experiences including day and overnight programs and front-country expeditions.
• Primary duties include facilitating team building, leadership, and community development programs for schools, youth, and community-focused organizations
• Manage risk and provide effective leadership in a variety of outdoor and adventure activities such as low and high element challenge courses, rock climbing, group initiative tasks, evening activities, and outdoor living skills
• Deliver programs at a variety of locations in Ontario including The Adventure Learning Center at Canterbury Hills (Ancaster), Crieff Hills Community (Puslinch), Norval Outdoor School (Georgetown), Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area (Milton), Hamilton and Halton Region schools, and more. Facilitators must have transportation means that allows them to arrive at the program delivery location.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on programming and adverse events
• Assist with housekeeping and hospitality tasks as needed
• Help ensure the client experience is positive
Certifications & Qualifications
• University degree or college diploma (or actively enrolled)
• Standard First Aid and CPR required. Wilderness Advanced • First Aid or Wilderness First Responder preferred.
• Level 1 Challenge Course Practitioner / ARCI (required), or • Level 2 Challenge Course Practitioner/RCI (preferred) –this position provides opportunities to attend one of our certification courses if necessary
• Current and clear criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector search (must be obtained prior to employment and dated within 12 months of start date)
Preference will be given to candidates who have...
• Commitment to the mission and values of Adventureworks! Associates Inc.
• Depth knowledge of facilitating programs and outdoor experiences with groups.
• A deep “bag of tricks” of activities.
• A sense of humour, playful spirit, compassion, creativity, and patience.
• Experience teaching outdoor top-rope rock climbing and outdoor skills is preferred
• Experience working with school, and adult learning groups is considered an asset
• Majority of work is April-June (Spring Season) and September-November (Fall Season)
• These positions are based in Ontario – most programs are delivered at our primary locations in Ancaster, Ontario. Candidates must have their own transportation.
• These positions are part-time with potential full-time hours during peak seasons.
Please complete all required fields.
Where are you available to begin work?
Are there any limitations to your availability?
Check if available to work our Expeditionary Program (including training) from April 20-26, 2018.
Check if interested in working the Spring 2018 program season
Check if interested in working the Fall 2018 program season
Challenge Course Certification
Level 1 - Low Only / LRF
Level 1 - High Only / CWF
Level 1 - Full / ARCI
Level 2 - Full / RCI
Challenge Course Manager
First Aid Certification
Standard First Aid w. CPR + AED
Wilderness First Aid
Wilderness Advanced First Aid
Wilderness First Responder
Please upload the following documents:*
• Cover Letter
• Challenge Course Portfolio (if available)
TIP: You will not be able to upload all documents at once. Click on this field to upload each document on its own. Check files listed prior to submission to ensure your have provided all required.
Adventureworks Associates Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are treated with respect and dignity, and provided with equal opportunity for success.
If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please inform us by calling 1 (877) 311-5683 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.