Adventureworks Employment Application: Lead Facilitators
Adventureworks Associates is hiring a team of energetic facilitators looking to join our current staff team to deliver quality adventure programs to our school and youth communities for the spring season. This team will work with the Director of Programs to coordinate the delivery, and debrief of all adventure experiences including day and overnight programs, and front-country expeditions.
• Facilitate team building, leadership, and community development programs for schools and youth
• Manage risk and provide effective leadership in a variety of outdoor and adventure activities such as low and high ropes, rock climbing, group initiative tasks, evening program, and outdoor living skills.
• Ensure that program materials are prepared in advance.
• Provide exceptional customer service for our clients
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on programming and adverse events.
• Communicate with program staff via email.
• Responsible for safe keeping of program materials and equipment.
• Assist with housekeeping tasks as needed.
• Program Delivery 90%, Program Coordinating 5%, Hospitality 5%
• Deliver programs at a variety of locations in Ontario including Hamilton and Halton region schools, The Adventure Learning Centre at Canterbury Hills (Ancaster), Crieff Hills Community (Puslinch), Norval Outdoor School (Georgetown), Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area (Milton), and others.
Experience / Qualifications
• University degree or college diploma (or actively enrolled).
• Standard First Aid and CPR required. Wilderness Advanced First Aid or Wilderness First Responder preferred.
• Level 1 CCP / ARCI (required), or Level 2 CCP / RCI (preferred)
• Current and clear Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector search (must be obtained prior to employment).
• Transportation to Ancaster location.
• Commitment to the mission and values of Adventureworks! Associates, Inc.
• Depth knowledge of facilitating outdoor experiences with groups and a deep “bag of tricks” of group activities.
• Sense of humour, playful spirit, compassion, creativity, and patience.
• Experience working with school aged youth in an outdoor setting.
Dates / Work Hours
• Start Date: August 28, 2017
• 4-8 week contracts available for applicants with appropriate experience and qualifications
• Please be mindful that programs take place during the weekday, evenings, and on weekends. Some programs may require you to stay overnight on the site of the program.
• To apply complete the form below and upload the required documents.
• Application deadline: July 28, 2017
Personal Information & Qualifications
Challenge Course Cert
Level 1 - Low Only / LRF
Level 1 - High Only / CWF
Level 1 - Full / ARCI
Level 2 - Full / RCI
Challenge Course Manager
First Aid Cert
Standard First Aid w. CPR + AED
Wilderness First Aid
Wilderness Advanced First Aid
Wilderness First Responder
Please provide us with information about your interest and availability. Due to the nature of our work it is expected that employees may sometimes be required to work evenings and weekends.
When are you are available to start work?
Are there any times that you are unavailable, or any restrictions to your availability over the program seasons selected above?
Please upload the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Challenge Course Portfolio (if available)
TIP: You will not be able to upload all documents at once. Click on this field to upload each document on its own. Check files listed prior to submission to ensure your have provided all required.
Workplace Accommodation Policy
Adventureworks Associates Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are treated with respect and dignity, and provided with equal opportunity for success.
If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please inform us by calling 1 (877) 311-5683 or by email at email@example.com
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.