for the 2019 - 2020 ACOFP Board of Governors
PLEASE NOTE: The Nominating Committee will give consideration to all applications received by the August 15, 2018 deadline using the criteria listed below. Top candidates identified in the screening process, will advance to the phone interview stage with the Committee in late September. Resident Governor applicants need not be present at the Nominating Committee's October 7, 2018 meeting during OMED in San Diego, CA.
The Nominating Committee will give preferential considerations to candidates who possess the following qualifications:
• Is a Resident in good standing at an AOA or ACGME accredited family medicine residency program at the time of consideration by the Nominating Committee.
• Has been an ACOFP Resident member for at least one year.
• Has demonstrated leadership, personal integrity and past performance in leading professional, philanthropic and/or public service projects.
• Makes a commitment of time to attend at least four Board meetings annually and to engage in regular communication on Board matters.
• Articulates a vision for the enhancement of resident member services and benefits and interacts with active members of the ACOFP.
• Recruits student and resident members and works to retain new and existing members during postdoctoral training and when entering practice.
• Is not currently serving on the AOA Board of Trustees.
• Has not previously served as the ACOFP Student Governor.
• Submits an official application, a 1-2 page personal letter of interest, and current CV.
• Demonstrates support from the residency program director in the form of a letter of recommendation.
The ACOFP Resident Governor is expected to serve as the communication link between the osteopathic family medicine residents and the ACOFP leadership. To accomplish this expectation, the Resident Governor will need to interact with both the residents and the ACOFP leadership, representing the position of each population to the other with the vitality of the entire association as the primary outcome.
The ACOFP Resident Governor will help the ACOFP achieve its strategic goals, with particular emphasis on the goals related to increasing the number of osteopathic students selecting osteopathic family practice residency programs and the goal of increasing the retention of residents as ACOFP members upon their residency completion.
The ACOFP Resident Governor will, at the expense of ACOFP, travel to participate in four official board meetings including:
• Attend the Future Leaders Conference in February
• A five-day meeting during the ACOFP Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars
• A five-day summer Board retreat in July
• A one-day meeting during the fall AOA/ACOFP OMED Convention
• Engage in regular dialogue with fellow ACOFP Board members.
The ACOFP Resident Governor will participate, as schedules permit, as an ACOFP advocate in visits to medical schools, during which the discussion will focus on the selection of residency programs.
The ACOFP Resident Governor will adhere to the Board of Governors Code of Responsibility.
State / Province
Postal / Zip Code
Program Director's Number
Year of Graduation
I understand that an electronic signature has the same legal effect and can be enforced in the same way as a written signature.
Please provide the following:
Letter of recommendation from your Program Director
1-2 page of personal letter of interest
I understand that in order to have my application considered by the ACOFP Nominating Committee, the following items must be submitted by August 15, 2018.
Application materials must be uploaded above or sent to:
American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
330 E. Algonquin Road, Suite 1
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.