Resilient Waters Program: Administrative Assistant
Chemonics International seeks an Administrative Assistant for the USAID-funded Resilient Waters Program. This five-year program aims to build more resilient and water secure Southern African communities and ecosystems through improved management of transboundary natural resources and increased access to safe drinking water and sanitation services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. The positions will be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
The Administrative Assistant will provide operational and administrative support to the operations, human resources, and procurement teams. This includes but is not limited to:
• Attending to the Resilient Waters reception area and main telephone line
• Providing administrative support to the Operations and Finance team
• Maintaining the filing system – both electronic and physical files
• Managing staff refreshment facilities including the maintaining of stocks and the availability of coffee/tea/biscuits/sugar/milk etc. in liaison with the Office Manager
• Maintaining stationary stock for the office and ensure that supplies are ordered in timely manner
• Maintain the office equipment inventory, and ensure the equipment is correctly labelled
• Support the Logistics Officer in booking flights, accommodation and car hire/taxi service as required by travelling staff
• Support the procurement processes by obtaining quotes, drafting selection documents and creating purchase orders
• Coordinating posting of job advertisements and recruitment interviews as needed
• Other administrative tasks as required
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role (e.g., administrative assistant, travel coordinator, or human resources coordinator); three years of experience preferred
• Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Skilled user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Experienced and comfortable working with numbers and in databases.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Strong document management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent time management skills, aptitude for proper task prioritization, and a results-oriented work process.
• Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion.
• Professional demeanor, integrity, tact, and good judgment.
• Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations is an added advantage.
• Proficiency in the English Language (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Instructions: Apply online by December 7, 2018. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the applicant. The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from your present employer. Late, incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within two months after closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.
Chemonics reserves the right not to fill any and/ or all advertised positions.
Please select the position you are applying for:
Organizational Development/Capacity Building Manager
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Associate
How many years of experience in this field do you have?
Highest Degree Received
Completed degrees only please.
Have you ever worked for an international donor (e.g. USAID, DFID, etc.)?
Have you ever worked for Chemonics?
When would you be available to start work on the project?
Please attach your CV and cover letter.
Please confirm you have authorization to work in South Africa
Please provide contact details of three references, (Name/Title/Relationship/Email/Phone), one of which must be from your present employer.
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.