Outreach & Technology Specialist position opening
Are you interested in joining the Alaska Region TTA Center as an Outreach & Technology Specialist?
The Outreach and Technology Specialist shall be the Contractor’s lead in the creation of outreach materials, maintenance of the ANA regional website, conducting both electronic and face-to-face outreach at meetings and conferences, and utilizing available technology. The Outreach and Technology Specialist shall coordinate outreach efforts, provide expertise in the utilization of technology for communication and outreach, and train other key personnel, consultants, applicants, and grantees in the Alaska Region on technology implementation. The Outreach and Technology Specialist shall keep the Regional Director informed of regional outreach opportunities; collaborate with ANA staff and other regional TA contractors on the development and implementation of sustainability tools and marketing materials; and stay abreast of new technological opportunities for outreach.
All T/TA Center staff are required to perform contract activities with negligible risk of offending Native American people. It is necessary for staff to perform their duties and responsibilities through a set of congruent behaviors, attitudes, and policies to assure that appropriate cultural nuances are demonstrated in cross-cultural situations when providing Training and Technical Assistance on-site and in group settings.
• Utilizes the T/TA Center branding and ensures consistency across all media
• Develops and implements the T/TA Center's Social Media Plan, utilizing social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIN, etc.
• Utilizes effective outreach/marketing approaches, tools, and strategies to maximize participation in T/TA Center events, trainings, technical assistance, webinars and utilization of ANA resources, programs, and funding opportunities
• Provides video editing and 508 Compliance for T/TA Center videos and materials
• Supports and assists the T/TA Center Team with the development and deployment of live-streamed training events, webinars, etc. and works with system administrators for updates to e-learning platforms – Zoom, Thinktific, etc
• Supports and assists the Regional Director with the development, deployment, and administration of systems that promote and strengthen coordination and collaboration around the State, and that leverage assets and resources in support of Alaska Region applicants and grantees
• Provides programmatic and administrative support to the T/TA Center Team
• Provides data analytics and reporting for all social media, and website use as well as other data and presentation requests by T/TA Center Team members and ANA staff
• Provides technical assistance to the applicant and grantee community on federal systems required for the application process as well as for grants administration
• Maintains the T/TA Center's list serve and contact database
• Participates in ANA Panel Review
• Maintains Regional Website and ensures all electronic media hosted on Regional Website is 508 compliant
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Skills: Website maintenance and updates, Facebook Pages, Events & Groups, Social Media Marketing, webinar/video-conferencing software, Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, Office 365, Google Business Suite, OneDrive
Comprehensive understanding of desktop publishing, video editing, and outreach/marketing campaigns and strategies
Knowledge of social media, crowdsourcing, online digital media and software
Knowledge of Alaska Native cultures, communities, languages, and traditions
• Minimum of three years of experience coordinating outreach activities and utilizing technology as a tool to conduct communication and outreach.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing webinar technology, developing and maintaining website content, video editing and developing outreach/marketing materials and campaigns.
• Minimum of three years of experiencing utilizing Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and similar tools
• Demonstrated experience utilizing other on-line collaboration tools – OneDrive, Google Business Suite, etc
This job description outlines the key responsibilities of this position. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the needs of the organization.
First and Last Name
Cell Phone Number
Tribal Affiliation, if any
Upload your resume here
As allowed in P.L. 93-638, preference for employment will be given to Alaska Native and American Indian Peoples
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.