Consultant: Training and Programs
About the Postion
Adventureworks! Associates is looking to hire an experienced consultant to deliver quality challenge course services to a variety of clients across the country. The Consultant: Training and Programs will work directly with our senior program and challenge course service teams to design and deliver adventure experiences and provide comprehensive training services to our clients.
• Provide effective training and certification services to clients at a variety of locations across Canada.
• Facilitate Adult Learning and Professional Development workshops.
• Act as a challenge course services consultant providing support to clients in the development of training plans, local operating procedures, staff manuals and risk management plans.
• Participate as a member of the full-time challenge course services team contributing to training curriculum and tests, certification materials, element plans and activity operating policies and procedures.
• Prepare program designs, outlines, curriculum and other supporting materials for a variety of programs as needed.
• Participate in the delivery of inspection services to clients across Canada.
• Act as a support to the installations, inspection and program teams as required.
Certification & Qualifications
• University degree or college diploma (or actively enrolled), or equivalent experience.
• Standard First Aid and CPR required. Wilderness Advanced First Aid or Wilderness First Responder preferred.
• Level 2 Challenge Course Practitioner.
• Current and clear criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector search (must be obtained prior to employment).
• Able to provide a clear driver’s abstract.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Show a commitment to the mission and values of Adventureworks! Associates Inc.
• Have a deep knowledge of facilitating programs and outdoor learning experiences with a minimum of 800 hours of program delivery. A focus in Adult Learning and Professional Development is strongly preferred.
• Present a sense of humour, professionalism, compassion, creativity, and patience.
• Leadership and training experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to travel for extended periods of time across Canada is required.
• Ability to get oneself to and from their regular place of work (Dundas Ontario) is required.
• This position will be a full time salaried position. Salary will be based on individual candidate qualifications and experience.
• The successful candidate will expect to see peak hours in the months of March-June and September-November, with slower winter seasons. The candidate will receive an average of 40 hours per week over a 12-month year.
Applicant First Name
Applicant Last Name
Where are you available to start work?
Are there any limitations to your availability?
Challenge Course Cert
Level 1 - Low Only / LRF
Level 1 - High Only / CWF
Level 1 - Full / ARCI
Level 2 - Full / RCI
Challenge Course Manager
First Aid Cert
Standard First Aid w. CPR + AED
Wilderness First Aid
Wilderness Advanced First Aid
Wilderness First Responder
Please upload the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Challenge Course Portfolio (if available)
TIP: You will not be able to upload all documents at once. Click on this field to upload each document on its own. Check files listed prior to submission to ensure your have provided all required.
Adventureworks Associates Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are treated with respect and dignity, and provided with equal opportunity for success.
If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please inform us by calling 1 (877) 311-5683 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.