Cisco High STEM Externship Application - Summer 2019
Cisco High School STEM Externship Program is a comprehensive, unpaid summer program designed to give current high school juniors and seniors an introduction to STEM careers at Cisco.
Students will be immersed in Cisco's history, culture, and world of work as full-fledged externs at 1 of our Cisco campus locations in Glendale, California; Lawrenceville, Georgia; New York, NY; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina; Rosemont, Illinois; or Washington D.C.
- Current high school juniors and seniors (Graduating 2019 or 2020)
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Ability to commute Monday - Friday to and from your externship campus location
To apply, complete the following application form, including:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (academic)
- High school transcript (official or unofficial)
-Video cover letter through Montage:
- The deadline has been extended to April 5th at 11:59 pm ET for the Glendale, CA location only (all other site applications have now closed).
- Competitive candidates will be invited to a virtual panel interview in mid-March.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Contact Information
Student Email Address
Student Phone Number
Emergency Contact Name
(e.g. mother, father, sibling, etc.)
Emergency Contact E-Mail Address
(must be different from student email address)
Emergency Contact Phone Number
Which Cisco campus location are you applying for?
Glendale, California (4 weeks, June 17 - July 19, 2019)
3. High School & Graduation Information
Name of High School
Expected Graduation Year
Currently a Senior (Class of 2019)
Currently a Junior (Class of 2020)
4. GPA & Scale
The minimum GPA requirement is 3.5 (either weighted or unweighted).
(i.e. 4.0, 5.0, 100 pt, etc.)
5. Extracurricular Activities
List your extracurricular activities by year, separated by a comma, and any honors and awards.
Example: President of Organization, Volunteer at School, etc.
Senior Year (If Applicable)
Honors & Awards
5. Professional Interests
List your top 3 career interests (i.e. engineering, IT, law, business, etc.).
Professional Interest 1
Professional Interest 2
Professional Interest 3
7. Additional Application Requirements
Additional Required Files
The additional files are required and should be attached below:
1. Letters of Recommendation*
3. High School Transcript (official or unofficial)
*Letters of recommendation may be attached below OR emailed to CISCOHIGH@EXTERNAL.CISCO.COM by April 5th with the subject line: Letter of Recommendation - [STUDENT NAME]
NOTE: You may upload multiple files by clicking the upload button after each file is uploaded.
8. Additional (Optional) Student Information
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.